Translate into Spanish

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

August 11, 2014


Eating a tamal Oaxaqueño, made in a banana leaf #toogood

This last week was a very special week for us. We had the great blessing to be a part of the baptism of an older couple named Kristina and Gerado. We have been teaching them for about 6 months now, since I was with Elder Deters, and before me as well. I have written about them in the past. Gerado has battled drug attection and very strongly lately alohloism his whole live, since he had 16 years, and he is now 58 years old. The first 2 months I knew him I did not once see him not completly fall down drunk. In testimate to the priesthood, Elder Deters and I found him not drunk for the first time since ihad been there and gave him a blessing so that he could over come this vice. He has gone now almost  months and only drank once. He has become so much more calm and relaxed, like a new man. After that we had the problem that his wife was married with some one esle over 22 years ago and they were not. This is a hard thing to do, and many missionaries cant and lots of people dont get baptized because of it LOTS of time, money, and alot of times doesnt work. In pondering in what to do awhile back, It came to my mind that I met a memeber in my first area that was a lawyer, and had his card. I called him and explained the situation, he told me he would be more than happy to do it, and for free. It was on! 

Through a serias of miracles it came in fast and we had the go ahead, it has been a long hard road, and they have faithfully gone to church for the last about 5 to 6 months without even being baptized. And its because they know, like Gerado always says, If I dont go Im back on my OWN to fight this! 
It was so amazing to hear at their baptism their testimonies. To hear the she was crying all by herself in the house asking God to just help and that she couldnt do it anymore with him, and then the missionaries showed up, and how now he is a completely changed man. To hear the first things come out of mouth in his testimony as, "I dont know much, but i know that this church is true and the My Father in Heaven lives, and Jesus Christ, and they love me." THAT is a testimonym, and THAT is why we do missionary work. We make sacrifices and forget about ourselves but our important things aside, so that others can come unto Christ. Because that is what He did for us, there is nothing more important than our Father in Heaven, this Gospel, Jesus Christ, and our families. I know that. I love you all and hope all is well. 
Love from Mexico
Elder Lloyd 

No comments:

Post a Comment