Translate into Spanish

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Feb 15, 2013


Some pretty good news, Because no Visas are coming in. (Mine included) I have been reassigned to the San Fernando California mission! I will be leaving the MTC at 4 in the morning on Monday. (I feel like I'm escaping in the middle of the night) I am so excited and know that is where the Lord needs me to be. Even though I really want to be in the field in Mexico, I know that there is something in store for me in California. It will be such an awesome experience, and can't wait to get there.

As I have been here, my love and testimony for the Book of Mormon has grown more than I EVER thought was possible! That book is incredible. We can receive SO much personal revelation and insight by simply praying to be directed by the spirit and reading with a sincerity of heart, and really looking for an answer. They really are the words of God, and it is the keystone of our religion. It is not an accident or by luck that the Lord had Joseph Smith translate the book before he had him do anything else for the establishing of the Church. Elder Holland says, that if there is not a true strong testimony set upon the Book of Mormon, there is not TRUE conversion. Out here in the mission field the Book of Mormon, and the power of the Spirit are the strongest tools in conversion that we have. I know that this principle applies in our own lives as well. It is truly an incredible book. I know that when we read it with the right reasons in our heart, and make time to read it. We will draw so much closer to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ than we could ever imagine.
I hope all is well with everyone, and thank you for all the love, support, and prayers that come my way.
Read the book, and your testimony won't be shook.
Love Elder Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment