Translate into Spanish

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

April 8, 2013 - Best friend named Pepto Bismal



Hope that conference blew everyone else's minds just like it did mine! Ha! What an incredible opportunity we have to listen to REAL Prophets and Apostles of God!!! SO amazing! They truly are men of God!!    I watched the priesthood session in Spanish, and I understand most of it. Carlos who we baptized last week, and have been talking a lot about the Priesthood, and Temples. and he is loving it, and so am I!! Well half way through the session we ran and grabbed him after he got of work to come to the session. Even though I couldn't understand everything, just looking over at Carlos's face. And seeing him loving it, and so interested made me feel the Spirit so strong!! There was nothing better than that. What an experience! 
  This week I made a new best friend named Pepto Bismal. But I'm fine now. This week has been a big testimony builder on the fact that everything is on the Lords time, and He has set out a time for everyone to have the Gospel in there life's and to accept it. We have been teaching a lot of great  people, that have been loving it, but aren't keeping the covenants they need to to be baptized. Which can be hard at times. We were looking forward to a great week, and had set our goals pretty high because of it. But had some things fall through. Which can be frustrating at times.
 We have been teaching a little girl and her Mom in their little store that they own, and sell cleaning supplies. They have been progressing well, and we had planned on baptizing the little girl this past Saturday, all we needed was the permission of her Father. We got to the store and asked her Mom if she had asked her Dad, and was ready. Sadly she hadn't.... In moments like these it is hard not to question our self, and ask... what more could I have done, what am I doing wrong.. why?.. But its not about that or those questions, its all about, did I give it my all?  One Huge thing that I learned from an INCREDIBLE talk by Brad Wilcox called His Grace is Sufficient, which I highly recommend listening to or reading. Heavenly Father is always pleased with our efforts... and in this instant it just happened to be that this last week wasn't the time in these peoples life. Heavenly Father has a plan for everyone. 
As I continue to see crazy things here, like the pizza guy jumping the speed bumps up this hill, and continue to meet more and more incredible people. Im so thankful to Heavenly Father for the chance to be here! Serving in his army! 
I LOVE you all and hope all is well! 

Love,
Elder Lloyd
Tupac


Carlos and I right before his baptism

Nacho Libre style 

No comments:

Post a Comment