Translate into Spanish

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

His place in Mexico City - March 18, 2013

Editors note: Bennett's companion got word 3 weeks ago that his father had died. He is from Honduras! He went home for the funeral and came right back when Bennett arrived in Mexico City last Monday; that is when he and Bennett became comps.  (Bennett said he doesn't quite come to my shoulder.) He said that he is such an incredible man and he LOVES him.

 WOW! What an incredible week!! It feels like a weeks worth of things happen in one day.
This week I was more blessed than I can put into words. I had the chance to take part in SO many fruits of my companion and his old companions labors. 
I was more blessed than I can put into words, and on my 3rd day here got to baptize a little girl named Leslie, she is the cutest 10 year old girl. 
She is the daughter of 2 inactive members, they are both awesome people! I can not even begin to put into words what it means to know that she will be able to know have the gift of The Holy Ghost, and The Gospel in her life for the rest of her life and, the lives of her children. As we work to reactivate her and her family, in know they will receive SO many blessings! 

I also got to be a witness to the marriage of two incredible people, Jesus and Elizebeth. It was such an incredible experience!! And as we taught and prepared them Friday night, before the Baptism of them and their 9 year son Jesus junior,in the house of Jesus's sister, a strong member, the Spirit was SO strong! All I could think was WOW, this family is SO ready. Then the daughter of the member looked at me with tears in her eyes and said, We have been waiting for this forever! Right then The Spirit testified to me that this is why I am here in this beautiful country, with these incredible people. So many incredible families like this can live for ALL of eternity. Their baptism the next day was so great! 

I LOVE my comp Elder Lainez! As you already know, He is SUCH and incredibly strong person. Even though we cant talk a whole bunch I try! haha We talk so much, or try to communicate, and just laugh so hard! He is taking the death of his Father so strong, and taking his challenges as a reason to be better, and not an excuse to be bad. Even though he literally looks up to me. I look up to him SO much. He has such a love for these people! I love him.

The Church here is SO strong, the wards are as big and strong as at home. The members are SO incredible, and even though most of them are converts, they have SUCH strong testimonies of this Gospel. It is so incredible to see. 

It is lot different then California, We do not knock or tract or contact at all. We work souly off of references. When I first heard that I didn't know how it was going to work. But the Mexican people have such strong testimonies, and love one another so much, they are always telling us of people who are in need, and who would except this incredible message we share. Then the people we go to are so accepting. Everyone is feeding us, and talking to us like we have been friends for years. I found out that the stereotype that Mexicans eat beans and tortillas for every meal... is SO true!! I think I had double the amount of tortillas this week than in my whole life! haha, but I LOVE it, and love the food! 

This is such a crazy busy and alive city, and I love it! Like I said before I live on the side of a mountain, I would think bugs were invented here if i didn't know better haha, but there are tons of VW bugs at the bottom,, that are all pimped out it is so funny, and its 12 pesos anywhere on the mountain. The streets are SO small and so packed that these guys could be pro car racers in the US, seriously. The streets have so many hair pin turns and 90 degree turns and they drive so fast, there are guys on the corners that their job is to signal and wave if there is a car coming. haha SO funny! I almost get hit by like 4 cars a day. BUT no fear, I have The Gospel on my side!! haha Friday and Saturday nights are so crazy! This last Friday night our walls were shaking, and the DJ at a party down the street was killin the salsa music all night. I just laid in bed and laughed, it was so funny! Though I'm in the city, I AM in the jungle!  Everything here is so funny and different to me. I LOVE IT!  Even though I stick out like a sore thumb, I feel at home. 

I have really learned this week , if we do what the Lord wants us to do, and stick out through our trails with faith, and hope, that everything will get better. He will bless us with more than we could EVER imagine. 

I love you all so much, and hope everything is well! 

And Brody, WELCOME TO TEAM MEXICO!!! LOVE you bro! 



LOVE Elder Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment